Import from OpenNumismat
The usage of myCollection application
You can import your collection's data from OpenNumismat program by following the next steps.
What to do if there is not enough disk space
- Install myCollection first, notice the directory where you installed the program to.
- Download the zip packaged importing program from here.
- Extract importon.exe program from zip file and put into the same directory where myCollection was installed in the first step.
- Run the importon.exe only once.
- Check if both OpenNumismat and myCollection database files were found automatically.
- Use the Find button if automatics failed or want to use another database file.
- Before importing the program checks if there is enough space for data. If not you cannot continue. Exit this program. See below...
- Start import by Next button.
- Select your favourite List of OpenNumismat from the drop down list box. Automatically your last used will be selected, but it can be changed.
- Check in the Categories window the generated categories. If ok go on. If not, exit from this program. See below...
- Set your local currency as default. If you don't fine in the drop down list, click on plus button and add it.
- If you want to import coins from OpenNumismat with status 'Demo', click on the check box.
- Start importing by Ok button.
- Importing takes time, so please be patient. The program reports its progress in the bottom.
Importer needs as many disk space on the target drive as the size of OpenNumismat database file. If there is not enough space the importing cannot be started to avoid partial importing.
Exit the importer program. If you have more drives in your system, start myCollection program. Use Settings, Database..., Relocation buttons to move the myCollection's database to a drive that has enough
space. When done, exit from myCollection and restart importon.exe.
What to do if you are not satified with categories
The importon program generates categories based on the selected List of OpenNumismat. This category tree will resemble you to the list tree in OpenNumismat. If you are not satisfied with it, exit
importon. Start OpenNumismat, use Customize tree... command to set the desired structure. Exit OpenNumismat and restart importon.exe.